~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Status Update Currently working at Sight & Sound Theater in Branson MO! :D My wife are working on building our home slowly but surely... saving up for the next stage of building. :D
~Recovering Biblical Mahood and Womanhood~
1."Mature masculinity expresses itself not in the demand to be served, but in the strength to serve and to sacrifice for the good of woman."
2. "Mature masculinity does not assume authority of Christ but over woman, advocates it."
3. "Mature masculinity does not presume superiority, but mobilizes the strengths of others."
4. "Mature masculinity does not have to initiate every action, but feels the responsibility to provide a general pattern of initiative."
5. "Mature Masculinity accepts the burden of the final say in disagreements between husband and wife, but does not presume to use it in every instance."
7. "Mature masculinity expresses itself in a family by taking the initiative in disciplining the children when both parents are present and a family standard has been broken."
8. "Mature masculinity is sensitive to cultural expressions of maschulinity and adapts to them (when no sin is involved) in order to comunicate to a woman that a man would like to relate not in any aggressive or perverted way, but wtih maturity and dignity as a man."
9. "Mature masculinity recognizes that the call to leadership is a call to repentance and humility and risk-taking. "
Here is a quick list of some stuff about me... :-)
I was born in Yuba City California on June 7th, 1986. Since then I have lived in Oregon, Idaho, and Missouri. When I was 11 my family moved to the forested mountains of northern Idaho where we lived for 7 years. It was nice since I like living outside the city limits (as well as away from the pollution, crime, noise, and other annoying city occurrences). Since my siblings and I were homeschooled, we were able to raise animals (pigs, goats, rabbits, chickens, etc.) and participate in 4-H. I have been a Christian from a very early age and I decided to get baptized when I was 11 years old. I graduated from the College of the Ozarks on May 9th, 2010 with a degree in History and a minor in Business.
1. I know how to milk goats (and have done so before) :-D
2. I plan to homeschool my kids... :-D
3. I can play the piano. :-D
4. I was an Espresso Barista
5. The Cat's Den and the Pearl are the only two work stations I worked in during my college stay. The reason being that I liked my Job. :-D
6. I stole Paul Colemans water bottle when he did a Convo at college. I did so as a joke since he joked about wishing that a fan would steal his water bottle. :-D
7. I believe that Courtship is the right type of relationship. (Though I have yet to court a woman...). :-D
8. I hate to see women poorly treated in relationships... :-/ grrr.
9. I don't like perverted/stupid/gory/weird shows and movies... A few examples of the shows that a dislike are the following: The Simpsons, Saw (series), The Ring, etc.
10. I also dislike books that do not have a good message or just lame overall... some books I don't like are the following: Harry Potter, The Golden Compass, Twilight, etc. :-)
11. I REALLY don't like laziness... :-/
12. I don't like how people form "cliques"... there are even cliques at the CofO workstations and groups that meet on and off campus! There "Cliques" at 99% of the work stations... there are even Christian "Cliques"... :-/
I am currently attending a church called Harvest in Branson MO.
What I am reading now: "Boy Meets Girl" Joshua Harris, "Recovering Biblical Manhood & Womanhood" John Piper & Wayne Grudem, "Hood" by Stephen Lawhead, "The New Testament" by God... :-)
Books on my shelf... The books that have stars by them are favorites....
Works by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy*
- The Hobbit*
- The Children of Hurin*
- The Book of Lost Tales I
- The Book of Lost Tales II
- A Tolkien Miscellany*
- The Silmarillion*
Works by C.S. Lewis
- Till We Have Faces
- The Chronicles of Narnia*
- Screwtape Letters
-The Quotable Lewis (written by another)
- Out of the Silent Planet
- The Bravehearted Gospel*
- God's Gift to Women (Don't judge a book by its title...)
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye
Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Black Arrow
- Treasure Island
- Last of the Mohicans - J.F. Cooper (haven't read yet)
-The Apostolic Fathers (in Biblical Greek and English)
- The Illiad - Homer
- The Odyssey - possibly Homer
- The Aeneid - Virgil
- The Puritan Dilemma - Morgan
- The Divine Comedy - Dante
- The Song of Roland
- Don Quixote
- A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
- The Age of the Reformation
- Western Political Heritage (haven't read yet)
- Troilus and Criseyde
- The J.R.R. Tolkien Handbook - Colin Duriez
- Tolkien's Ordinary Virtues: Exploring the Spiritual Themes of The Lord of the Rings - Mark Eddy Smith
(Due to my current inability to think of any others... this is a semi-updated list of movies... more will be added later...; -D)
- The Truth Project (dvd series)
- STAR WARS (the old ones are better...; -D)
- Independence Day
- The Last Starfighter
- The old Star Trek movies
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
- The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe (The Chronicels of Narnia)
- Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia)
- The Gladiator
- The Great Escape
- The Patriot
- The Great Escape
- Kingdom of Heaven
- The Village
- Batman Begins
- Indian Jones Trilogy
- Rear Window
- Psyscho (black and white version)
(yeah yeah... I have seen a few of these in my life... and they are not that bad...; -)
- Fiddler on the Roof
- Sound of Music
- South Pacific
- High School Musical
(now before you die of shock I am only joking... high school musical is not a film I have seen...just thought I would make sure you were still focused...; -D)
- Toy Story
"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later." - C.S. Lewis
“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me” - C. S. Lewis
'Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.'
I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'
Jesus... told people that their sins were forgiven.... This makes sense only if He really was the God whose laws are broken and whose love is wounded in every sin.... I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that poeple often say about Him: "I'm ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don't accept His claim to be God." That is the one thing we must not say. A man who is merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic - on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg - or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronising nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to. - C.S. Lewis
Soundtracks, Celtic/Irish/Folk stuff... Nickle Creek and the Christian stuff:)...
FAMILY & LIFESTYLE
Want (more) Children:
Yes - a bunch
Homeschool your children?:
Yes, I plan to homeschool.
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL
Homeschooled all the way
Hospitality / Travel
Tae Kwon Do, Reading, History, Camping, living in the country
Hey! By the way, since this site has basically stalled, (can't contact any admins to get threads approved, etc.) There's a new forum set up recently by some of the community, where HSAers can talk and be active.
I've started several threads on there, so if you get a chance, check it out and consider joining us!
Hey Brother! I haven't been on HSA for a while, and I just saw your note on my message board . Love ya <3. Can't wait to find out if you and Erin are having a boy or a girl! Either way, he/she will be beautiful .
I consider myself so very blessed to have met you two years ago today! Thank you for sending me that first email that started our friendship and our lives together:) I love you my husband and am thankful to be building our life and our family together!