Say hello. Show me how amazing you are. You can totally do this!
I'm the oldest of four and live in the suburbs of New York. It's fun to explore the city once in a while, but the best local places include rocky, wooded parks, vineyards, arboretums, waterside towns, and quiet/secluded beaches.
I'm a teacher at a Christian school and also teach piano students who keep me laughing/exhausted. My life is filled with spending time with family and friends because people matter most. I try to find time to write, and I want to keep figuring out how all the above fit into a greater vision and purpose.
I am a girl who:
* thinks love is worth the risks
* wants to sing every day
* wants to be immortal
* needs to spend life meaningfully
* thinks the world with its heights, depths, colors, and songs is too magnificent to be a mistake
* thinks family and friendship are priceless
* is very predisposed to like you
* is a fan of honesty and worthwhile conversations
* will be bored if all you talk about is weather
* loves to laugh
* doesn't mind being critiqued
* loves seeing what God is doing in the church
* would rather see results of true theology than debate
* hates seeing people get hurt
* loves seeing the beautiful in people and nature
* is passionate about worship
* wants to light the darkness
* is gentle and doesn't always feel like a very good warrior
* wants to help turn the world upside down
* people who shine from the inside out
* summer heat
* starry nights
* Christmas lights shining through swirling snow
* captivating stories
* discovering just the right word
* finding out what makes others passionate
* writing on a stormy day, with a cup of tea by a fireplace
* spontaneous, prophetic worship
* older people who never stop really living
* people who aren't afraid to laugh and cry our way through this crazy, painful, beautiful world together
Elizabeth Barrett Browning sums me up:
"I, who thought to sink, was caught up into love and taught the whole of life in a new rhythm." (Sonnet VII)
Bible, Sonnets from the Portuguese, Ben-Hur, Bruchko, God's Smuggler, Safely Home, In Search of the Source, The Bronze Bow, Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Hind's Feet on High Places, Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice, The Phantom Tollbooth, Alice In Wonderland, The Moonstone, Little Women, The Great and Terrible Quest, David Copperfield, When Sinners Say I Do, The Screwtape Letters
Spontaneous worship, Phil Wickham, Hillsong, Jeremy Camp, Third Day, Audrey Assad, classical, Josh Groban, Andre Bocelli, some Michael Buble, great soundtracks
I dislike anything screechy or loud enough to make me want earplugs.
FAMILY & LIFESTYLE
Want (more) Children:
Homeschool your children?:
Yes, I plan to homeschool.
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL
Homeschooled all the way
Artistic / Musical / Writer
living abundantly, truth, love, reminding myself to focus on what is good and positive
You know, I think it's only natural to like the place you grew up, especially if your folks are there. I don't love Oregon either despite the fact I was raised here. Long Island sounds like an interesting place...I looked at it in Google maps street view for work one time...seems so different from the rest of that area. But good different. I'd take suburbs over downtown any day.
As far as Southern states go I've sort of fallen in love with Tennessee. One of my buddies from HSA invited me out and I've been spending a week out there every summer since. It's a pretty blessed countryside...green hills, tons of forests, rivers and lakes. I could swear wild animals grow on trees down there...you seem them all over the place. The warm climate is great for growing crops and raising meat. That said I'm always open to another state if that's where God told me to go. (I've only ever been to TN, KY, MS, and LA down there)
How about you? Have you found another place you love yet?
Hello Just stopped by and thought I would leave you a note. I see that you will get bored if all I talk about is the weather. However, you like thunderstorms, summer heat, and starry nights, which seem like weathery(is that a word?) things to me This is what happens when I get bored and start clicking on profiles How has your summer been?