Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Parenting Discussion

Favorite parenting book?     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melissa Ross (OFC)
41, Long Lane, Missouri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 07 3:30 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Anyone have a favorite parenting book or books they'd like to mention?

Diane Phillips (OFC)
56, Thayer, Mo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 07 10:01 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I don't know that I have a favorite parenting book, but I have many "favorite" books. Laughing

Years ago my dad wrote one that many find rather insightful and helpful. It is Our Reeds Grow Free by Karl Reed. I have not read all the way through. This is not for lack of interest. It is mainly because I was a part of the story he wrote. It is our family story from his perspective in regards to homeschooling.

It is stll available. I could hook someone up to an "Autographed" copy seeing how I know the author. Wink

Given time I may think of a few to recommend!

Israel Wayne (OFC)
39, Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 07 12:46 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I remember that book Diane! That was certainly on of the pioneer books that helped pave the trail for homeschooling!

My wife and I really like Andrew Murray's book, "Raising Your Children For Christ." Andrew and Emma were amazing people. I would have loved to have met them. (There is another version of this book published by Bethany House that has more modern English. It is good also. I think it is called Raising Your Child To Love God.)
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=68045&netp_id=157079&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

My mother's book, Homeschooling For Eternity is pretty good. Except for how her son turned out. Razz http://www.wisgate.com/homeschoolingfor.htm

We also like The Godly Home audio series by Denny Kenaston. http://www.charityministries.org/tapeministry/index.cfm

Natalie
28, Missouri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 08 7:21 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I just finished Standing on the Promises by Douglas Wilson and liked it a lot. He had a lot of wisdom there but no checklists, which I thought was good. I'm not a fan of "checklist parenting". Shocked

bertha OFC
33, Colorful Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 08 3:28 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I don't really read parenting books. I much prefer talking to parents with children older than mine. I've gotten so much valuable counsel that way!

HSA News
2014 Reunion Discussion Forum

Meet Rebecca Giger, 2014 Reunion Communications Director
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Parenting Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

About   |   shop4HSA   |   Guidelines   |   Keep HSA Safe   |   Help

Hosted by Arrowtech Hosting
Privacy Statement   |   © 2005-2013 Homeschool ALUMNI