Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Parenting Discussion

Favorite parenting book?     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melissa Ross (OFC)
41, Long Lane, Missouri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 07 3:30 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Anyone have a favorite parenting book or books they'd like to mention?

Diane Phillips (OFC)
57, Thayer, Mo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 07 10:01 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I don't know that I have a favorite parenting book, but I have many "favorite" books. Laughing

Years ago my dad wrote one that many find rather insightful and helpful. It is Our Reeds Grow Free by Karl Reed. I have not read all the way through. This is not for lack of interest. It is mainly because I was a part of the story he wrote. It is our family story from his perspective in regards to homeschooling.

It is stll available. I could hook someone up to an "Autographed" copy seeing how I know the author. Wink

Given time I may think of a few to recommend!

Israel Wayne (OFC)
39, Michigan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 07 12:46 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I remember that book Diane! That was certainly on of the pioneer books that helped pave the trail for homeschooling!

My wife and I really like Andrew Murray's book, "Raising Your Children For Christ." Andrew and Emma were amazing people. I would have loved to have met them. (There is another version of this book published by Bethany House that has more modern English. It is good also. I think it is called Raising Your Child To Love God.)
http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product?item_no=68045&netp_id=157079&event=ESRCN&item_code=WW

My mother's book, Homeschooling For Eternity is pretty good. Except for how her son turned out. Razz http://www.wisgate.com/homeschoolingfor.htm

We also like The Godly Home audio series by Denny Kenaston. http://www.charityministries.org/tapeministry/index.cfm

Natalie
29, Missouri

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 08 7:21 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I just finished Standing on the Promises by Douglas Wilson and liked it a lot. He had a lot of wisdom there but no checklists, which I thought was good. I'm not a fan of "checklist parenting". Shocked

bertha OFC
34, Colorful Colorado

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 08 3:28 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I don't really read parenting books. I much prefer talking to parents with children older than mine. I've gotten so much valuable counsel that way!

HSA News
The National Reunion in 2015... ?

2014 Reunion Discussion Forum
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Parenting Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

About   |   shop4HSA   |   Guidelines   |   Keep HSA Safe   |   Help

Hosted by Arrowtech Hosting
Privacy Statement   |   © 2005-2013 Homeschool ALUMNI