Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Crisis Pregnancy Center, Pro-Life Workers - Discussion

April 13th     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elysse Baumbach
29, ID

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 09 12:15 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

So, have you all heard about the protests against Crisis Pregnancy Centers being arranged on Feb. 13th around our nation?

We're members of NIFLA, and just got a reminder e-mail about it.

It sounds like most of the demonstrations are going to be at college campuses, not in front of a CPC...

Still, we're being advised to be aware and prayerful.

What do your centers plan to do - if anything? Are you going to give a heads-up to the local police about the possibility?

PamelaVV
32, Fayetteville, Arkansas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 09 8:12 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Since you mentioned it, I went and read the NIFLA thing (I usually don't read them, honestly). I haven't heard that we're doing anything. We are located right by the local high school and the university...but we aren't the only CPC around here, so who knows? There's one close to the abortion doctor's clinic and their tactics are a lot more overt than ours, so I wonder if they'd be more likely candidates for this type of thing, but I haven't heard anything about any of this locally, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Elysse Baumbach
29, ID

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 09 4:42 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I *highly* doubt anything's going to happen here, but the police are 1.5 blocks away if anything of concern comes up. We're still so new we're pretty much under the radar...

PamelaVV
32, Fayetteville, Arkansas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 09 2:59 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Well, April 13th came and went; I guess any protests weren't directed at either of our locations...because I didn't hear or see anything. :shrug:

HSA News
2014 Reunion Discussion Forum

Meet Rebecca Giger, 2014 Reunion Communications Director
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Crisis Pregnancy Center, Pro-Life Workers - Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

About   |   shop4HSA   |   Guidelines   |   Keep HSA Safe   |   Help

Hosted by Arrowtech Hosting
Privacy Statement   |   © 2005-2013 Homeschool ALUMNI