Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Law Group Discussion

Justice, punishment for rape     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam M
39, Oregon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 08 12:53 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Guys and gals, quick question for you folks. We all know there are tons of discussions on what should be done for the punishment for rape. "Kill the *bleep*", or "no, he needs therapy". We've all heard it. But don't we, as Christians, know that there are laws outlining true justice by God? So, wouldn't we agree that what He outlines for punishment, by definition, would be true righteous judgment? So, if we then disagree with God's law, wouldn't we then be upholding our own standard of morality above His? I would assume most would agree that His morality is right and anything we hold up against it would automatically be wrong. Wouldn't we also agree that God's law is timeless and not cultural? Murder is always murder is it not?

So, looking up in Deut. 22:28-29 we see God's solution for rape. It was shocking to me when I read it carefully just a few months ago. It's not like I didn't read it before, but my mind said that it wasn't "just" so therefore, it must not be describing a rape. But closer reading revealed it indeed was describing such as the language is very similar to that used in the immediate prior verses.

I'll give away the answer to God's solution. God requires the law to force the two to marry, rapee and rapist. They cannot afterwards seek a divorce. Is this justice? I say it defines justice and it isn't cultural.

So then, is it justice to put the rapist to death as the common law required?

Amanda
26, Massachusetts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 11 12:04 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I agree that the death penalty should be an option for rapists. I did my Senior research on that topic. Although I think they should the Supreme Court has ruled that it's unconstitutional.

HSA News
2014 Reunion Discussion Forum

Meet Rebecca Giger, 2014 Reunion Communications Director
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Law Group Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

About   |   shop4HSA   |   Guidelines   |   Keep HSA Safe   |   Help

Hosted by Arrowtech Hosting
Privacy Statement   |   © 2005-2013 Homeschool ALUMNI