Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Article Responses page(s) 1, 2  Next

Lessons from a Long Ride: Learning to Persevere     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camden Spiller
33, Vancouver, WA

[Administrator]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 06 3:10 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Lessons from a Long Ride: Learning to Persevere
by Alyson F.

You may already know her from the HSA Horsemen's Group, but you may not know that Alyson F. and her horse Storm recently accumulated the highest number of points in every discipline from the Sho-me Horse Show Association to earn the High Point All Around award! I've asked her to tell us more about this accomplishment and take us down the path that led to the realization of this dream.

Click here to read the full article

Beth
34, Missouri

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 06 9:34 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hey Alyson! It was fun to read your article! Congratulations on your award! Very Happy Thanks for notifying me of the article too!

Heather L.
36, Oregon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 06 9:40 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Great job Alyson!! Thanks for sharing the lessons that God has been teaching you - it was a blessing to read. Congratulations again on your award!! Smile

DrTech David Fuchs
34, Springfield, MO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 06 9:58 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Hey Alyson,
We enjoyed reading your story (even though we went through part of it with you! ha) and thinking about how faithful God is to us. While we could never be worthy of even God's attention, He chooses to seek us out and gives us the grace to live such a blessed life. Praise the Lord!

Love your Bro and "Sis,"
David and Sarah (and Ryan)

Karin
24, KS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 06 10:34 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

That was a great article, Alyson. Congratulations on your award!

Andrew Plett
30, Vancouver, Washington

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 06 1:28 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

You're much too modest, Alyson! Great article!

Stephanie (aka JS)
34, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 06 1:07 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Alyson, I really enjoyed your article and how you brought out the life lessons that you learned!
Congratulations on your Award! From watching my cousin in competition all these years, I understand that your award is no small thing. Very Happy Keep up the good work and may the Lord continue to bless you in it.

Jansen
25, Other

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 06 2:18 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Alyson,
Great article. We just happened to see it at the bottom of the page.
You might need to send that The American Quarter Horse Journal and see if they will print it up or maybe a version of it. Emily once got an article printed in there about her first show. It could happen!

Jansen Scott

Jim K. (OFC)
49, Les Paul Country, WI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 06 3:16 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Alyson,

Great job on your article. Excellent, excellent stuff. I concur with Jansen Scott - put that one to AQHJ or one of the other riding mags (is Horse of Course still around?). That is definitely publication quality. Congrats also on your award and give Storm a couple of extra pats from the fam here.

Blessings,

Jim K.

Last edited by Jim K. (OFC) on Tue Mar 14, 06 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Riley Spiller

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 06 7:01 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Congratulations Alyson, thanks for sharing with us!

Zack Reynolds
28, Fort Collins, CO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 06 8:35 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Thanks, Alyson...that was a refreshing story. Very Happy

Sarah Gale
29, Vancouver, WA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 06 8:08 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Yes, congrats on your award, Alyson! Great article! Smile

Susie WCIL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 06 4:21 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Wow. Thanks for sharing that Alyson. That was definitely the long way around to your dream, but you learned so much along the way! It's just like our God to do things that way, isn't it? Wink

Shawni
30, California

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 06 5:20 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Congratualations, Alyson. I enjoyed reading your article!

Madison
24, North Dakota

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 06 1:41 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

You go girl! Along with everyone else I really enjoyed reading the article! Congrats! Smile

HSA News
2014 Reunion Discussion Forum

Meet Rebecca Giger, 2014 Reunion Communications Director
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Article Responses All times are GMT - 6 Hours