Homeschool ALUMNI

Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> HSA Outdoor Adventures - Discussion page(s) 1, 2  Next

Red River Gorge- Rock Climbing     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Bruce
25, Greensboro, NC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 08 4:41 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Come for some amazing rock climbing and outdoor activities right before the HSA reunion!

No experience needed! We will have all the gear you need. In fact, don't feel like you have to climb. Lots of people enjoy watching and laughing at rock climbers. We enjoy demonstrating our great skill & strength. Cool

Map

List of climbing routes

More information about Natural Bridge State Park.

Click for photos of the Natural Bridge State Park

When is This Going to Happen?
Arriving Sunday July 27th
Climbing Monday-Tuesday July 28-29th
Leaving Wedneday July 30th for Bagdad

Who to Contact for More Information
Leave a post here or PM Ryan Bruce

Awesome Traveler List

Ryan Bruce - Fearless Expedition Team Leader
    Nathaniel Bluedorn - 2nd in Command Team Leader
    Hans Bluedorn - Traveler, Logical Force
    Helena Bluedorn - Professional Activity Watcher

Gregolas Maximus 4GC
38, central Illinois

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 08 5:07 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Can I be an Amateur Activity Watcher, and hang out with the Pro? Wink

I don't know if I can go down that early, but if I could, I would only be up to hiking, not climbing.

Spencer
27, Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 08 11:25 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

That sounds like a great time! I would love to go, but I am pretty much out of vacation time around here. I'll still keep it in mind, just in case I get fired or some other "catastrophe" occurs.

Pixel Pablo
38, Winston-Salem

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 08 12:32 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Looks like a blast, wish I could come. I'm in the same boat as Spencer--all out of vacation time! Ya'll enjoy!

Last edited by Pixel Pablo on Fri Jun 13, 08 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathaniel B
38, Palmdale, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 08 4:16 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

We need more climbers, and some non-climbers who just want to hike around and watch climbers climb!

Andrew Demeusy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 08 4:41 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Love to come, but unfortunately (or rather fortunately) my brother and I are going to be in Mallorca, Spain for a couple weeks doing some deep water soloing. Any of you watch King Lines?

Nathaniel B
38, Palmdale, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 08 4:45 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Yes, Hans and I saw King Lines at the Banff Film Festival last year. It was a fun movie. Chris Sharma is a great climber.

dlorimer
29, Vancleve, KY

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 08 10:17 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I only live 45 min from here! Where can I join a group just driving over for a day? That would be great!

Abigail Faye

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 08 11:18 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Does anyone going know sign language?
Thanks,
Abyss

Mandy (littlexerox)
24, Missouri

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 08 7:08 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Sounds like tons of fun, but I'm not sure that I"m going to the reunion.

Be sure to take lots of pictures! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Ben Trute
37, Ravenna, MI / Berea, KY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 08 7:08 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Great I only live about an hour from there! Yes I need to borrow ropes and equipment.... Red river gorge is awesome! My only experience is climbing without ropes there.... so it will be exciting to get experience with ropes. Have you all climbed Grays arch before?

Ryan Bruce
25, Greensboro, NC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 08 3:44 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Wow, looks like we have quite a few people interested. That's awesome.

Nathan and I will decide on a place to meetup and post it as soon as we know.

Ryan Bruce
25, Greensboro, NC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 08 5:22 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

**UPDATE**

Climbing Location
We are planning on climbing in Muir Valley.
http://www.muirvalley.com/

It is on private property but is free to climb. Everyone will just need to sign a release waiver & register. (Wait to do this until it gets a bit closer)

Lodging

True North Outfitters Hostel

Hotels

Eating
Miguel's Pizza

This place is highly spoken of.

General Status Update
We are still working out lodging for ourselves, exact routes to climb, etc.

If you have any question feel free to PM me or post to this thread. This will be an awesome trip!

Nathaniel B
38, Palmdale, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 08 6:02 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Wow, Ryan. We should hire you to organize vacations for us. <smile>

Ryan Bruce
25, Greensboro, NC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 08 9:33 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Nathaniel Bluedorn wrote:
Wow, Ryan. We should hire you to organize vacations for us. <smile>

Yeah, you should. <grin>

HSA News
2014 Reunion Discussion Forum

Meet Rebecca Giger, 2014 Reunion Communications Director
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> HSA Outdoor Adventures - Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
page(s) 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

About   |   shop4HSA   |   Guidelines   |   Keep HSA Safe   |   Help

Hosted by Arrowtech Hosting
Privacy Statement   |   © 2005-2013 Homeschool ALUMNI