Events Forums Members Blogs Job Network Business Directory    

E-Mail:   Pass:   Remember   
Forum Index -> Article Responses

The Second Generation Homeschooling Movement - Israel Wayne     Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camden Spiller
32, Vancouver, WA

[Administrator]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 07 2:21 am Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

The Second Generation Homeschooling Movement
by Israel Wayne

Click here to read the full article

Use this forum to discuss your thoughts on this article.

Noelle Magnell
34, Sonoma County, California

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 07 4:25 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Thank you for such a thorough article. It made me think. The points on unity as the Body of Christ and your definition of the "Promised Land" hit home to me.

I'd like to add that the one and only key to genuine "Godly Individuals and Marriages etc." is a personal, living and active relationship with God. I find we home school graduates often "do" everything right, but easily forget that the first commandment is to love the Lord with all we've got. It's always easier for the flesh to follow the standards and rules of holy living, than to admit that we need to humbly cling to Christ.

Ethan Demme
32, PA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 07 1:55 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

Well said, I especially like the comparison of homeschooling to a revival followed by your observations as to what the movement is known by and what it should be known by.

Quote:
We should be known by the world around us predominately as people who do good and live our lives in such a way so as to be a blessing to the world around us.

I like the emphasis you put on a proactive approach rather than a defensive approach. I enjoyed the article, keep up the good work.

Very Happy

R Phillips

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 07 10:47 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

I really appreciate your article. I especially like how you point out that homeschooling in and of itself is not destination but more like that journey to a promised land. I think we can reach that land that was promised to those who would humble themselves and turn from their own ways. It was good to hear you point out that it is not because we or any people are exceptions, that it is God who calls to us, hears our prayers and heals our land. I hope that we can learn how to teach the wisdom of righteousness to those around us in the live today. I look forward to a day that we might have the opportunity to share with the many that have lost hope. Thank you for carrying the flame of hope my friend.

DaveyB
30, So Cal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 08 9:48 pm Reply with quote Report this to the Response Team

wrote:
4. HumilityóDeuteronomy 8 is our passage as homeschooled graduates. There is no room for thinking that the blessings we have received are a result of our goodness or innate superiority. If we want Godís grace and blessing, we must avoid a cocky attitude at all costs.

+1 Very good point. Loved the article.

HSA News
2014 Reunion Discussion Forum

Meet Rebecca Giger, 2014 Reunion Communications Director
(more)

Alumni Spotlight
Nasby Brothers Record Album "Risen"

Sponsors:
MarryWell.org
What is Marry Well?

Shop4HSA:
shop4HSA